Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Redeemer of my Soul

Lost in the darkness with nowhere to hide.
I've given up now, I promise I've tried,
To find my way back home to you, to tread the narrow path,
But because I am so dirty, I fear thy holy wrath.
The burden of my sins is upon me like a stone
And now for sure there is no hope to make it to thy throne.
"I can't do this alone!' I cry, "There just isn't any way."
And with no strength to walk or crawl I kneel and start to pray.
"I know that thou art there," I whisper. "I know thou art my Father.
That's why I call upon thee now sorry, God, to bother.
I've tried my best to do thy will to follow each command,
Oh Father, I'm so fallen I can not reach thy high demand.
Now I pray to know if this burden can be lifted
And my soul brought back to thee though long and far I've drifted."
I kneel in weighted silence almost fearful of reply
But when I feel the sweet embrace I freely start to cry.
"No effort here is wasted as you climb through life
I am here refining you through all your toil and strife.
And though you fall and stumble along this rocky trail,
If you put your trust in me there is no way to fail.
I have suffered all for you that wait on bended knee,
For the pains of all mankind inside Gethsemane.
Upon the rugged, wooden cross I offered everything,
Through my great Atonement your sorrowing spirit can sing.
You are right, this path, you can not tread estranged.
 For your loneliness I have come to make exchange.
Give me all your burdens, place your life into my care,
No matter what has happened it is not beyond repair.
I will be your Savior, your kind and loving friend
To my healing power there isn't any end.
Your Father, he doth love you, that's why he sent you me
I am here to help you be all that you can be."
From my heavy burdens Christ has set me free,
He can do the same for you. Trust him, you will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment